Freedom December 30, 2014Posted by Retired Geezer in Ballistics, Music.
Here’s a rocking song to get your head bobbing. Plus it will remind Dave of his time in the slammer.
Snapping Spaghetti December 28, 2014Posted by Retired Geezer in Food, Handblogging.
From Destin at Smarter Every Day.
Dogs Eating Christmas Dinner December 22, 2014Posted by Retired Geezer in Family, Food.
The Humane Society of Utah loaned a filmmaker a dozen dogs for dinner.
Yeah it’s a commercial… so?
Sent to me by Adrienne in Nevada.
When Should You Automatically Believe a Rape Victim? December 20, 2014Posted by Sobek in News.
It depends who “you” are.
1. If you’re on a jury, the answer is “never.” If he or she was a victim, let the prosecution prove it.
2. If you’re a cop, the answer is “always,” at least as long as you’re taking the initial report. As you continue with your investigation you can decide how much to believe.
3. If you’re reading about it in a newspaper or on a blog, the answer is “never.” The first news report is almost certainly riddled with errors, and that’s assuming the writer isn’t intentionally lying, stretching the facts, or ignoring inconvenient facts to suit a narrative. That doesn’t mean the victim is lying, it means wait for more information.
4. If you’re a feminist reporter looking for a story to advance your agenda, the answer is “never.” But if you’re a feminist reporter, you’re not reading this blog or interested in suggestions that might help you avoid public humiliation.
5. If you’re a psychic/polygrapher, the answer is “whenever the spirits/polygraph machine confirm what the victim is telling you.”
Doll Commits Toy Suicide December 20, 2014Posted by Retired Geezer in Crime, Entertainment.
I denounce myself because I laughed at this:
Start a Fire with a Gum Wrapper December 18, 2014Posted by Retired Geezer in Science, Man Laws.
This guy does the best YouTube videos, well edited and to the point:
You should subscribe.
Feel Good Minute December 16, 2014Posted by Retired Geezer in Man Laws, Philosophy.
1 comment so far
Here’s a nice minute to make you smile:
I didn’t think tortoises were that smart or coordinated.
Compare and Contrast: Papaoutai December 15, 2014Posted by Retired Geezer in Family, Humor.
add a comment
I find this video oddly fascinating. *
I don’t speak French and I’m not quite sure what’s going on but this video has been viewed 211 Million times. Oh, here’s the Wiki:
The video shows a young boy trying to interact with his unresponsive father (played by Stromae), who sits motionless, his expression and body resembling that of a mannequin, while outside, other fathers and sons dance together. In the end, the son joins Stromae on the sofa, assuming a rigid, lifeless position identical to his father’s. It refers to the absence of Stromae’s father, who was killed in the 1994 Rwandan Genocide.
More Wiki explanation:
The music video accompanying the release of “Papaoutai” was directed by Raf Reyntjens and released on YouTube on June 6, 2013. The video has received around 200 million views.
In the video, the boy’s father is represented as a lifeless mannequin, so he is present physically, but not emotionally. As the boy looks outside, he sees that the other parents always do something together with their sons, while his remains motionless. The boy reproaches his father with the words of the song about how a parent should raise their son, and the boy then works to involve his father in dancing, like the parent-son couples he had seen before. First, the boy dances at home in front of the father; then, both of them are seen dancing in the square, but that vision is actually just an imagination of the boy, who in reality is dancing alone while his father stays motionless in the car. In the end, the boy surrenders and also becomes an empty mannequin like his father, as that is the only thing his father has taught him.
Here’s a new version of the song from September 2014 featuring Lindsey Sterling and Pentatonix.
*(see Michael’s posts of Rolling in the Deep)
The Crap Tree 2014 December 12, 2014Posted by daveintexas in News.
A tradition that Michael pimped like a meth and toad venom addled hooker on Harry Hines Blvd in December of 2006 and who am I that I would fail to mess this joint up at Christmas like the jerk that I am.
This was a post from Michael about the Crap Tree. There are others but this is the story. (thanks LauraW for the reminder!)
Crap Tree 2014
Peace on Earth goodwill to doofuses.
May your Christmas be merry and bright. And may all your Christmases be white.
How to Wrap a Gift December 11, 2014Posted by Retired Geezer in Commenting Tips, Economics.