Maybe Shooting Hilary Into Space Ain’t Such a Bad Idea July 16, 2015Posted by geoff in News.
Clinton says she wanted to be an astronaut as a teen & wrote to NASA, which wrote back and said “thank you v much we’re not taking girls.”
Either she’s lying, or she doesn’t have the stick-to-itiveness of these other US astronauts, all of whom were born in the 40’s:
- Shannon Lucid, b. January 14, 1943
- Millie Hughes Fulford, b. December 21, 1945
- Mary L. Cleave, b. January 26, 1947
- —- Insert Hilary Here, b. October 26, 1947 —-
- Margaret Rea Seddon, b. November 6, 1947
- Bonnie J. Dunbar, b. March 3, 1949
- Judith Resnick, b. April 5, 1949
- Anna Lee Fisher, b. August 24, 1949
I doubt NASA wrote that letter, but even if they did, a lot of women managed to succeed where Hilary simply gave up.
Whining instead of doing. That pretty much captures the essence of Hilary’s career.